SUMMARY: The Freight Broker will be responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of business through the company's transportation and logistics services to shippers and carriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Management;
• Build long-standing relationships with new and existing broker/carrier resources as well as obtain new clients through cold calling;
• Accountable for tracking and tracing all deliveries and resolving service issues and failures by working closely with Avenger Logistics Customer Service Team;
• Respond to daily inquiries made by customer/broker in relation to product improvement, providing ETA's or managing delivery appointments by working closely with Avenger Logistics Customer Service Team;
• Act as a liaison between drivers and brokers/backhaul providers;
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma/GED required;
• 2 or more years of college preferred;
• Previous Transportation Brokerage experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form;
• Highly motivated, competitive, personable and outgoing;
• Must possess strong communication, decision making, time management, presentation and negotiation skills;
• Good problem-solving skills and ability to research solutions to difficult issues;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Proficient computer skills;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once;
• Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
Why Avenger Logistics
• Industry best pay structure
• Comprehensive Benefits package
• Casual dress and fun work environment
We are in search of self-motivated, sales-minded, driven, and relentless individuals to join our team this summer. As an Avenger Logistics intern, you will have the opportunity to work alongside our top performers (some of the best in the industry), learning the ins and outs of the logistics industry.