SUMMARY: The Freight Broker will be responsible for developing and managing a portfolio of business through the company's transportation and logistics services to shippers and carriers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the Management;
• Build long-standing relationships with new and existing broker/carrier resources as well as obtain new clients through cold calling;
• Accountable for tracking and tracing all deliveries and resolving service issues and failures by working closely with Avenger Logistics Customer Service Team;
• Respond to daily inquiries made by customer/broker in relation to product improvement, providing ETA's or managing delivery appointments by working closely with Avenger Logistics Customer Service Team;
• Act as a liaison between drivers and brokers/backhaul providers;
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma/GED required;
• 2 or more years of college preferred;
• Previous Transportation Brokerage experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form;
• Highly motivated, competitive, personable and outgoing;
• Must possess strong communication, decision making, time management, presentation and negotiation skills;
• Good problem-solving skills and ability to research solutions to difficult issues;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Proficient computer skills;
• Strong analytical skills;
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects at once;
• Ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment.
Why Avenger Logistics
• Industry best pay structure
• Comprehensive Benefits package
• Casual dress and fun work environment